For B2B companies, these target options mean you don’t have to spend a lot of advertising budget on the wrong audience. So, while clicks may cost a bit more on LinkedIn you can target a very specific group of people which will make your clicks more likely to convert. You can learn more about the basics of using LinkedIn Advertising on my blog.
Enhancing Your Website with LinkedIn
You can also add a company follow button to encourage more people to follow your company page.
You can even add a recommendation button on your website asking people to recommend your products and services on your company page.
There are also plugins that you can add to your website to highlight your professional profile, career opportunities, and more details from your company page (similar to a Facebook-like box).
Analyzing Your Results
If you are using LinkedIn Advertising, be sure to use UTM parameters to specifically track the URL’s from your ads. You can view the clicks for these links under Traffic Sources > Campaigns.
Exploring the Top Tools
Want to manage your LinkedIn presence or get additional insights about your LinkedIn activity beyond what LinkedIn offers? Here are some great tools to use!
- Oktopost – Use this B2B social management tool to schedule status updates to your LinkedIn profile as well as your groups, Facebook, Twitter, and more. You can also get statistics about how many clicks you receive on your status updates from your profile and LinkedIn groups. This can give you great insight into which groups are sending you the most traffic.
- Jumplead – Identify visitors coming to your website from LinkedIn, manage your LinkedIn leads, and get real insights.
- Buffer – Schedule status updates for your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn profile.
- HootSuite – Publish and schedule status updates to your LinkedIn profile along with Twitter, Facebook, Google+ pages, and other networks.
- SproutSocial – Measure engagement, publish status updates, and analyze activity for your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn profiles.
Congratulations if you made it through this guide! If you apply everything you’ve learned, you should have a great LinkedIn profile and be well on your way to building a targeted LinkedIn network, engaging with your audience, managing your account with terrific tools, and seeing the results of your LinkedIn activity. What else would you like to know about LinkedIn marketing? Please ask your questions in the comments and share your own great LinkedIn tips, tools, and resources.